Did you know more than half our nation's apple production comes from Washington state? This fall no matter the level of educations, bring your teacher an apple and share these facts with them!
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, over 25% of the nation's population (age 3 or above) goes to school – from nursery school to college.
- 9.9 million children, ages 5-17, speak a language at home other than English.
- $45,900 was the national average annual salary for public elementary and secondary school teachers in the 2002-2003 school year.
- There are about 114,000 elementary and secondary schools in the U.S.
- Inside of those schools, there are about 14.1 million computers – or one for every four students.
- $11,000 is about the annual average, instate tuition with room and board for our nation's public universities and colleges, compared with $31,051 of a private institution's tuition. Both tuition rates are double the average from 1990.
- 16.7 million students are projected to enroll in higher education this year.